Labels

Friday, September 3, 2021

A Recurring Dream

Hey Surfers,

I have this recurring dream, where I am laying down exactly where I am sleeping in reality, even in the same clothes and lighting conditions. I open my eyes, still very sleepy, but wanting to get up to do something, anything. I try to sit or stand up, but it feels like there is this powerful invisible force holding me down. No matter how hard I try, it doesn't allow me to get up. It feels like I'm tied up with heavy chains.
In this dream it seems that I am aware of what this force is, or who is controlling this force. In this dream, I believe it to be Jinn. I push myself so hard to get up, and barely succeed at it. I manage to sit down, but not to stand up. And I feel this immense gravity pulling me back to bed. I lay back down to bed, and fall to sleep.

I'm not sure at all if this is related to Jinn. I interpret it to be otherwise. I think Jinn is a metaphor of my fear. Fear of Failure. My fear is holding me down like gravity, like a majestic monster controlling me kineticly. It stops me from moving forward, with my dreams, my relationships, my career, my life. It enjoys watching me lay down in torture, as my life goes by in front of me while I am helpless. I let it control me. I let it torture me. I stay still. I stay silent. I stay.. weak.

Surf Safely,
Dreamer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment